The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to issue a ban on shooting of music videos as well as movies outside the country.
The Minister of Information, Mr Lai Mohammed made this known on Saturday in Lagos when he paid a visit to the headquarters of the Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON).
During his visit, Lai Mohammed said:
‘This government has agreed that henceforth, whatever we consume in Nigeria in terms of music and films, must be made in Nigeria”
“We cannot continue to go to South Africa or any other country to produce our films and then send them back to be consumed in Nigeria”
“The Broadcasting Code and the Advertising Code are very clear on this. For you to classify a product as a Nigerian product, it must have a certain percentage of Nigerian content.”
What do you think about this development? Is this actually what our government should be talking about amidst the current situation of the country? Will they also ban our television channels from televising music videos from foreign artists? Sounds wield!
You May Also Like:
- APC Youths Calls For The Arrest Of Peter Okoye (Psquare) For Disrespecting FG
- See What Tekno Did In USA
- “Our Government Has Been Failing Since 1960” – Peter Okoye Comes For FG
- “Withdraw Your Kids From Schools Abroad” – Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban
- OPINION: “Buhari Should Resign, Come Home And Die A Part-Hero” – Dr David Okorafor